The Office of Alumni Relations, the Office of Residential Life/Learning Communities, and the Office of Career Services work collaboratively in developing programs and events that connect students to alumni. Living learning communities (LLCs)
provide unique environments where select groups of students share common residential and learning experiences. We strive to provide students networking opportunities with alumni in careers of interest to the various living learning communities. We are currently seeking alumni volunteers for upcoming networking events for the fall 2014 semester.
The following Living Learning Communities have scheduled events for the fall (all events are on the Brockport campus)
- 10/21/14 from 6:30 – 8 pm: Careers in Law, Civility, Leadership, & Community Service (Benedict/Dobson Main Lounge)
- Majors: Pre-Law, Criminal Justice, Political Science/International Studies, and Social Work
- 11/5/14 from 6:30 – 8 pm: Careers in Social Science (Seymour College Union Room 119)
- Majors: Anthropology, English, History, Modern Languages and Cultures, Philosophy, Political Science/International Studies, Sociology, and Women and Gender Studies
- 11/18/14 from 6:30 – 8 pm: Careers in Recreation & Fitness and Future Health Professionals (Eagle's Lookout - SERC Extension)
- Majors: Recreation and Leisure Studies, Physical Education, Athletic Training, Coaching or Sport Management, Pre-Medical Studies (dental, medical, physical therapy, veterinary, physician’s assistant, etc.), Medical Technology, Health Science, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, and Nursing
These events follow a panel format and questions are given to alumni volunteers ahead of time. The Q & A panel lasts for about 45 minutes and is followed by a mix & mingle with students, faculty, and staff.
If you are interested in volunteering your time an event, please email Bill Sachman
, Coordinator of Alumni Relations.