2014 Homecoming/Family Weekend Parade
Each year, various clubs, organizations, student groups and other departments show their Brockport pride by celebrating the Homecoming theme. This year, we will celebrate our theme of Capturing Courage in support of our participation in the Courage Bowl to benefit Camp Good Days, a camp on Keuka Lake for children with cancer. The Parade will be held on Saturday, September 20 at 3:30 pm beginning and ending in Lot D.
All parade participants must adhere to the following Policies and Procedures
• Entries must fit the theme “Capturing Courage.” Ideas include, but are not limited to: Courageous movies / TV shows; superheroes; role models; the military; dedication to civil servants; everyday acts of courage.
• Designs are approved on a rolling basis by the Parade Committee, and groups will be notified if their entry has been accepted. The Committee reserves the right to deny or modify any design as appropriate. The parade order will be determined at random and sent to the participants in advance of the parade.
• Registration forms are due by noon on Tuesday, September 2 to Student Union and Activities (Seymour 203).
• All parade day participants must have at least one banner visibly displayed, identifying your group and the theme of your entry.
• Entries are judged on best use of theme, participation, and creativity/design. Award categories are as follows: Best Use of Theme, Best Use of Design/Creativity, Best Audience Interaction, Most Spirited Participant and Best Overall Float.
• Participants must adhere to The College at Brockport policies at all times, including ABSOLUTELY NO alcohol to be present, consumed or represented on any float or unit in the parade or at the festival.
• Participants may choose to build a float, march, dance or carry a banner in the parade, as long as they are representing the Homecoming theme and are able to move continuously.
All approved floats should report to parking lots D and D-1 at 2:45 pm.
The parade route starts out east on Holley Street, continues onto Monroe Avenue, south on Utica Street (to pass Hartwell Hall and the Alumni House — location of the judges station). Then, turn right onto Residence Drive, pass the Seymour College Union and residence halls, then end back at Lot D/D-1.
Need More Info?
Student Union and Activities (585) 395-5646