Homecoming Pageant 2014
The College at Brockport Homecoming Pageant highlights the most phenomenal male and female student leaders on campus. The focus of the pageant process is to narrow the candidates to the Royal Homecoming Court down to four men and four women. The pageant is a wonderful way to show appreciation for all that these amazing students have done to better the campus during their time at Brockport.
Details for participation in the Homecoming Pageant
• Candidates must have Third- or Fourth-Year student status at The College at Brockport
• Candidates must be in good academic standing
• Candidates must be full-time students at The College at Brockport
• Each candidate must be endorsed by a recognized club/organization, athletic team, place of student employment or residence hall in which they participate in or reside.
• All entries must be submitted to the Department of Campus Recreation Membership Services Desk in the SERC by Monday, September 8. No late entries will be accepted.
• All candidates must attend the Informational Pageant meeting on Wednesday September 10th at 9:30 pm in the SERC Conference Room. At this meeting, each candidate will be given the requirements for royalty and will sign up for interview times.
• Nomination forms available (May 30 - September 8)
• Nomination form and essay due (September 8)
• Informational Pageant Wednesday (September 10, 9:30 pm)
• Pageant Interviews (September 11 -12)
• Selection for Pageant candidates (by September 15)
• Homecoming Pageant Courage Contest (September 18, 11 am – 1:00 pm, Student Union)
• Homecoming Pageant (September 18, 8 pm, Union Ballroom)
• Homecoming King and Queen Announcement (September 19 at Pep Rally)
• Homecoming Parade and Football Game (September 20)
Each candidate must fill out and turn in a nomination form, which must be endorsed by a recognized club/organization officer, a student leader from the place of employment, a captain from their athletic team or a resident assistant from their residence hall. Attached to the nomination form must be an essay interpreting “Being a College at Brockport student means………….” (in no more than 100 words). Only one recognized club /organization officer, student leader from the place of employment, captain from their athletic team or resident assistant from their residence hall may endorse a candidate.
Interviews for the Pageant
• Interview selection will be based on the nomination form and essay turned in.
• The candidates selected for the interviews will be contacted via e mail/ phone for interview times on Tuesday, September 9.
• Nominees who are not selected for interviews will be contacted via e mail.
• Candidates who fail to attend their interview session will be disqualified from the selection process.
Responsibilities for the Royal Homecoming Court
• Thursday, September 18 from 11 am – 1 pm, Courage Contest
• Thursday, September 18, Homecoming Pageant
• Friday, September 19, Attend the Pep Rally for the crowing of the King and Queen
• Saturday, September 20, Participate in the Homecoming Parade in cars provided by the Homecoming Committee
• Saturday, September 20, Announcement of Royal Homecoming Court during the football game
• After Homecoming Weekend, King and Queen responsible for attending a variety of campus events throughout the year (events to be determined by the Homecoming Committee)
Four men and four women will be selected for the Royal Homecoming Court. Candidates are nominated by the recognized organizations, clubs, teams, place of student employment or residence hall. After candidates are nominated, they will go through an interview process where four male candidates for King and four female candidates for Queen are chosen. During the interview process, the candidate is evaluated on academic achievement, positive campus involvement and the responses to the interview questions. The four men and women will then compete in the Homecoming Pageant on September 18 in the Union Ballroom. Categories for the Pageant will include: Formal Wear, Spirit Wear, Talent and a Question and Answer Segment. Qualities such as poise, attitude and enthusiasm are also taken into consideration. Campaigning will be allowed until 8 am on the day of the Pageant. The King and Queen will be selected by one half of the students who vote at the pageant, one quarter of the panel of judges’ votes, and one quarter on MyBrockport. Voting on MyBrockport will open on September 17 at 8 am and close September 18 at 8 am. The King and Queen will then be announced during the Pep Rally on Friday night.